Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Rough Stuff

Ok Brad, here are a few things that I have been sweating out.  Firstly there is Vulcan and Poseidon (Neptune)   I started with raw silhouette on PS and then refined the concept from there. 
Next is my characters for a show I had thought of a long time ago that I would like to share with you.  I'm trying to go for a very 80's motif with some very graphic(but no too graphic) sensibility.  These both are being refined but I wanted to share as soon as I could.


1 comment:

  1. Hey sir.
    First the 80's kids.
    Without a ton of first hand knowledge about the design hierarchies about the era, even if you hadn't laid out the intention, I could have easily ascertained the theme that inspired these characters. I notice one of them looks suspiciously like some body I know. The color choices are excellent compliments as per the norm, but feel removed enough from current trends to be (again) indicate a place and time. The pleasant almond-shapiness of the boys would make for an excellent and painless flash build out, though the line up seems to be missing a big-haired girl or a fatty or something. We can all be bean poles, you know? When you gunna bother animating this stuff?

    The Gods piece. What is there to say? You know I enjoy swords and sandals designs more than anything, so this is way cool already. You have a real effortless knack for designing to place context. If one ignores the obvious reference given by the trident in Neptune/Poseidon's hand, the information is still there in the way of color, beard, coral crown, etc. The same goes for Vulcan (held object not included) with his fiery magma appearance. though the 80's kids are smooth looking, I want to see your take on this stuff even more.

    ReplyDelete